How Would You Dress For Christmas?
16 Nov, 2012
December is probably the most awaited time of the year for millions of people worldwide, as it marks the beginning of the holiday season. An important festival that so many individuals look forward to is Christmas, universally celebrated on December 25. Naturally, each one of us would desire to look our best on this day. Most exclusive clothing stores and premium brands launch new collections of designer clothes for Christmas. A look at some of the top fashion trends include:
For Women, Christmas Is Incomplete Without A Classy Dress
- Maxi dresses are still just as popular as before. Opt for hemlines in bold hues such as gold and red this Christmas season.
- A must-have this holiday season is a velvet dress. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and the Million Dollar Baby star Hillary Swank have been spotted wearing dresses made with this rich fabric.
- Famous Italian brand Cavalli has created chic designer dresses in sequins, a hot pick for Christmas. Check out the red and black short dress in silk, with a strapless neckline. The highlight of the dress is undoubtedly the sequin detailing in black and red.
- Metallics ruled the fashion ramp this year. These dresses are available in different lengths and silhouettes. Wear accessories such as bracelets or studded belts with these, to look dazzling at a X’mas party.
- For girls who are looking for something very feminine and pretty, a lace dress is the ideal option and it is also one of the current trends. Wear dresses in pastel hues such as salmon pink, primrose yellow, turquoise, etc. and pair them up with pumps or wedges in vivid hues.
What’s In Store For Men This Year For Christmas?
- The classic tuxedo will never go out of style and continues to remain an essential outfit for the festive season. Black may be a traditional choice for many, but midnight blue is an equally classy colour. But make sure that you find a tuxedo that fits you perfectly.
- Velvet jackets are high on style quotient this year. Wear them over patterned or floral shirts, with denims.
- If you are having a Christmas bash at work, something casual like a cashmere sweater with trousers or jeans would be your best bet. Cashmere sweaters not only look incredibly smart but they also provide a layer of warmth to keep you cosy. Now that you are all set to look like a million dollars, let the revelries begin!